, ,

Grilled Butter Chicken Pizza

This! It’s like butter chicken and chewy charred naan all in one bite.

We’re in Windsor this weekend, Mike going to the Indy on Belle Isle and W and I catching up with relatives and visiting places I haven’t been to for far too long. We ate Windsor pizza last night – it’ll be Pat & Hank’s tonight, but the night before we left we had this butter chicken pizza to use up some roast chicken, tomatoes, cream and cheese before leaving town.

I veered from the original recipe, not wanting to open more tomatoes (I had half a 28 oz can) but wanting to use the last of the salsa – it worked perfectly, adding some heat without using cayenne. You really could wing this, using leftover butter chicken (is there such a thing?) or your own recipe, then spread it on pizza dough and bake at high heat or grill with plenty of melty mozza.

AuthorJulie

Ingredients

Directions

Grilled Butter Chicken Pizza

About Julie

You May Also Like

10 comments on “Grilled Butter Chicken Pizza

1. Melanie
    June 2, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I’m starving and would eat this right now! But I have never heard of this ‘leftover butter chicken’ you speak of… how is it possible?

2. Marla
    June 2, 2012 at 6:12 pm

This looks fabulous!
    Windsor pizza is the best! I am from Windsor:) Where did you get it from?

3. Darlene
    June 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Love Windsor pizza!! I didn’t know Pat & Hank’s was still open. In the 70’s we had take out from there pretty much every Tuesday night for their Tuesday night special, which I see on their website that they still offer.

I wonder if it is still as delicious now as it was then?

Hope you’re having a good time!

4. Dan @ Dan's Good Side
    June 3, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Ahh! I LOVE BBQing pizza! It’s so much fun. With the charred crust and Indian flavours, that would be amazing.

5. Anna
    June 4, 2012 at 5:01 am

This looks so amazing!! In my house butter chicken is a favourite (when we order in we double the order so there’s always leftovers!). I can’t wait to try making this. Thanks for the inspiration Julie. I come here often for dinner ideas and you never disappoint!

6. Barbara | Creative Culinary
    June 4, 2012 at 11:39 am

Combining all things I love. Grilling. Chicken. And a bit of a homage to Marcella Hazan’s butter spaghetti sauce which is our all time favorite. I must make this; I just have to!

7. Laurie from Burnaby
    June 7, 2012 at 12:08 pm

We have a pizza place in Burnaby that makes Butter Chicken pizzas. Wonderful!

8. Cory Lievers
    June 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm

This looks good. Going to have to try it. Just got the 13″ Breville pizza stone for my Breville Smart Oven.
    (These are great by the way, for cooking lots of things, don’t have to turn on the BIG oven)

9. Gidget
    April 25, 2013 at 7:03 am

Once the apples are tender, they can either be mashed or run through
    a food mill. ) It is essential to have a lot of Rune – Scape gold
    for this method, 50m or more preferably. Here I shared information of
    emballage sous vide and machine sous vide.

10. Miriam
    May 24, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other
    then that, excellent blog!