Raspberry Rugelach Pinwheels

IMG_1754

I promise not to make a habit of quick posts relying on subpar iPhone photos, but I’m up in Jasper at Christmas in November for 10 days, which is always a whirlwind of food/friends/hiking trails/sessions, and if I don’t share little bits here and there it might wind up being a long radio silence. It’s like Christmas camp in a time warp.

I know it still sounds too early to start talking Christmas cookies, but it’s not too early to plant ideas… and these aren’t really Christmas cookies per se, although they are the perfect sort of cookie to become holiday tradition. It’s the kind of cookie I associate with the Canadian Living magazines of my childhood, and especially the special holiday cookie issue. And so I was suitably giddy to be able to join Elizabeth Baird and Emily Richards in a little early holiday cookie baking this afternoon.

AuthorJulie

Ingredients

Directions

Raspberry Rugelach Pinwheels

About Julie

You May Also Like

10 comments on “Raspberry Rugelach Pinwheels

1. Mik
    November 9, 2014 at 6:22 am

Um… definitely not a subpar iphone photo! It’s DELICIOUS LOOKING photo. You severely underestimate your photo-skills! 🙂 I can’t even imagine how good raspberry jam plus white chocolate would taste…

2. Emily @ Life on Food
    November 9, 2014 at 6:32 am

My holiday baking list keeps getting bigger.

3. Carol S-B
    November 9, 2014 at 9:30 am

Amazing. I love that the logs can be frozen: looks like a win to me!
    But- waaait a minute. Almond extract? Where is Julie and what have you done with her? 🙂

• Julie
      November 12, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Ha – you know me so well Carol! To be honest, I’d leave it out myself!

4. Jules @ WolfItDown
    November 9, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Mighty heaven these look wonderful! I have never tried using cream cheese in a dough before, but when thinking about it – it makes sense 😀 The chocolate almond cinnamon jam filling sounds like a winner too 😀 It sounds like so much fun, that Christmas in November thing of yours, enjoy 😀 x

5. Lana
    November 11, 2014 at 10:00 am

I remember those Canadian Living issues, too!

6. Justine
    November 11, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Wow … incredible! And not bad for an iPhone photo. I’ve always loved rugelach. 🙂

7. Doréus
    November 11, 2014 at 11:11 pm

These remind me of something I sometimes make with leftover pie pastry, which in French we call “pets de nonnes (politely translated as “nuns’ tummies”, it literally means “nuns’ raspberries” (not the ones growing on the plant). The filling, here, is much more substantial than the basic butter-and-brown sugar mix I use, but this would be absolutely delicious, especially with that puff pastry. Yes. A new treat to try.

• Julie
      November 12, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Ooh, sounds delicious Doréus!

8. Jane Brodeur
    November 18, 2014 at 11:42 am

Anna Olsen made a delicious rugelach at Christmas in November a few years ago. I can vouch for cream cheese in a dough. They were yummy! I make them every year ; now I will add this one too.