Mini Donut Ice Cream

Parade+Pipers
I’m going to spare you too many words tonight – mostly because I’m making 100 pork satay for the kitchen theatre in the morning (I’m missing the World Cup final! Boo!) – and because each picture is worth a thousand, right? We took the boys to the parade yesterday. They selected their own cowboy attire. Think they’ll make the Sartorialist? My favourite part is the bagpipes. I get all verklempt.

The cowboys enormous bulls make me even more so.

Later, on the grounds, we went to MacKay’s -they’re finally in Weadickville this year instead of Breyers- and got some mini donut ice cream. I do also recommend the cowboy coffee, Saskatoon berry and coconut… the beer is subtle and interesting, but I’m not a beer fan myself. Seventeen flavours to choose from is altogether too much pressure.

We had pepperoni sticks wrapped in cheese bread (once a year – in lieu of corn dogs this time) in the grass, and after dragging ourselves back across the tarmac, through the stables (love the Clydesdales) the boys needed to cool off in the river before we made it all the way home.

I have a really great Stampede-themed recipe for you tomorrow. Just wait.

About Julie

You May Also Like

8 comments on “Mini Donut Ice Cream

1. Jennifer Jo
    July 11, 2010 at 4:43 am

Those pepperoni sticks? Well, um, ahem…they’re quite in keeping with your theme of cowboys and bulls…

2. lauren
    July 11, 2010 at 7:28 am

pepperoni stick wrapped in cheese bread what? where has this been all my life? It sounds so fantastically disgusting.

3. Mmac
    July 11, 2010 at 7:31 am

Those boys are going to have the BEST memories of their time together. They are very lucky lads.

4. Sarah Lorde
    July 11, 2010 at 9:05 am

mini donut ice cream, & cheese bread covered peperoni sticks YUM!

The other flavours that caught my eye, were beer for my hours, cherry cola, and Saskatoon berry.What a selection

I Have been trying to figure out if Saskatoon are mainly a Canadian berry/flavour or if this is something familiar in other parts of the world/continent. I have recently had to try & describe the taste to a contact in the US & unless you’ve tried them it’s hard to do.

thanks for the wonderful tastes of summer.

5. Pat
    July 11, 2010 at 11:15 am

Looks like a good time was had by all. Yahoo!

6. Vincci
    July 11, 2010 at 2:38 pm

All I’m doing when I go to Stampede this year is eat. And maybe buy a Sham-Wow.

7. Michelle
    July 17, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Oh, I’m so bummed to not get recipes for both the ice cream and the pepperoni sticks!

8. Kat
    July 18, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I was at the Stampede yesterday and I had some mini donut ice cream. It was AMAZING!